Allegra School Coffs Harbour appoints high performing staff using a competitive process underpinned by the principles of merit, equity and transparency. In doing so, the School practices ethical, fair and impartial staff selection procedures, free from conflict of interest and characterised by confidentiality and respect for privacy of an applicant’s personal information.
Allegra School Coffs Harbour maintains principles and processes for the recruitment and maintenance of qualified and experienced teaching staff.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic teacher who aligns with the mission & vision of the Allegra School Coffs Harbour.
The HSIE teacher is required to:
- ·Manage the successful development, implementation and evaluation of the program within our setting.
- Professionally develop self and assist others (if required).
- Assure continuous improvement in the program and in work with students and staff of Allegra School and Coffs Coast Education and Training Organisation Senior Management to ensure all requirements are met.
- Maintain exceptional delivery of education and learning opportunities that meet the needs and expectations of NESA, Funding bodies, AISNSW, Coffs Coast Education and Training Organisation, parents, students and & prospective students.
This role requires administrative and reporting abilities along with a collaborative approach to school improvement.
The HSIE Teacher will meet and maintain compliance with the essential requirements for the role:
- Current WWC check & current vaccinations as per Public Health Order.
- NESA accreditation & qualification or approval to teach Stage 5 HSIE.
- Demonstrated effectiveness and ability to create positive outcomes for young people in a flexible learning environment, including developing a stimulating learning environment by using a variety of styles, practical techniques and approaches to adjust subject matter.
- Strong interpersonal skills including high level communication, time management, incident management, stress management skills and a proven ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Alignment with mission and vision of the school and a demonstrated knowledge and acceptance of individuals with mental health conditions or who are from diverse gender, racial and cultural backgrounds.
- Current anaphylaxis and First Aid training, or willingness to obtain.
- Light rigid bus licence.
- Experience working in a special education setting